All YouTube Video Statistics of 2017
YouTube is synonymous with online video. The platform has launched – and sustained – careers for artists producing content exclusively for YouTube, and is a must for brands that want to tell visual stories.
You can earn money through YouTube or you can sell your products/services or use YouTube to grow your business even more. That’s why YouTube SEO is also important as SEO of websites.
This infographic on YouTube video statistics will tell you almost all of the YouTube ranking factors and statistics which you can use for your optimization of YouTube videos.
Instead of presenting you with the entire library, I’ve handpicked the 30 most interesting, useful statistics and put them for you in one simple infographic.
YouTube Video Statistics and Ranking Factors Infographic:
YouTube User Statistics:
- 6 out of every 10 people prefer online video platforms to live TV
- By 2025, half of the viewers under 32 will not subscribe to a pay-TV service
- In an average month, 8 out of 10 18-49 year-olds watch YouTube
- In 2015, 18-49 year-olds spent 4% less time watching TV while time on YouTube went up 74%
- On mobile alone, YouTube reaches more 18-49 year-olds than any broadcast or CABLE TV network
- You can navigate YouTube in a total of 76 different languages (covering 95% of the Internet population)
- PewDiePie, real name Felix Kjellberg, is the highest earning YouTube star. He has over 43 million subscribers, and last year earned $12 million before tax in 2015